This was the topic of JE Vinnem’s presentation at ESRA Norway’s 20 year aniversary conference in June, 2014. The main challenges:
- Competence on a high level required by authorities
- Petroleum Safety Authority may be challenged more in the future
- Thw way internal control and risk management is practiced needs to be reconsidered
- Cost benefit evaluations required of new regulatory requirements and single issue decisions
- EU directive: How long will Norway be able to define itself outside?
A copy of the full presentation (in Norwegian) is available here.